Monday 25 February 2013

Digital Technology.

Digital technology is very important when creating the work we need to do. There are many different tools that you can use in order to create your piece to a professional manner. Many softwares available allowed me to do my work easier with a better touch and let me be more creative with my work.

One software i used was Photoshop and this has numerous tools on it which allow youn to do amazing things and get to the littlest detail available. One tool that i used was Image manipulation and this allowed me to make the images for the magazine as professional as I possibly could. For example, as my pictures that i had taken using a camera had a background on there, i did not want this on my magazine so had to crop. It also allowed me to make the pictures how i wanted me to make them by using some of the tools on there, like i was able to change the brightness and contrast of my picture to make it more suitable to the colour scheme of my magazine. This was the same for the double page spread and the contents page as i made it all on photoshop, the tools on this were easy to use once i got used to it and allowed to make my AS work professional.

Cropping was one of the biggest things i had used for my magazines; without these tools it would have been nearly impossible for me to make it how i wanted it and to a professional standard. The two main ones i used and were my favourite were the MAGNETIC LASSO and MARQUEE tool (also known as MAGIC WAND). The magnetic lasso which allowed me to cut around a certain picture and did most of the work for me as i just had to take the cursor around the image. The magic wand highlighted a chunk of an area and let you delete it straight away.

Using the internet was another great type of digital technology as it is the biggest thing going right now. The internet has a lot to offer from doing research  to finding the correct fonts for my work. One main reason i used the internet quite a lot was the fact that i blogged all my work; using blogger also allowed me to get feedback from my target audience and their opinions mattered in the production process of my final work as what I was making was for them so I had to make sure I did things right. The Internet has many different facilities on it and a range of data that can be used for any work. When I think about digital technology, Internet does pop up in my head first as computers are the main thing to do with technology.

 When it comes to hardware for digital technology, there was not a lot i used for my AS work. For the preliminary pictures, we used a professional camera but only kept it in one place in one angle. We had to use photoshop for the first time at this point and i found it to difficult to use so the editing was done very well. A standard wire that connects from the camera to the computer was used to put the images on to a computer and this allowed us to save the images we wanted and use them on our preliminary magazine. This enabled me to figure out how to get things you need on the camera on to a computer and this helped me in all my other work as it is a quick and easy way to do this. 

The use of digital technology in my AS allowed me to work better in my A2 as i had learnt from all mistakes made in my AS. As well as mistakes, the things i did well were brought into my A2 work with the use of digital technolgy; some of the things i used in AS were used in A2 for example the camera to take pictures for my magazine and then pictures for my digipak and poster in A2. 




No comments:

Post a Comment